Today, we published VLC 2.0.6. This is an important update to VLC’s 2.0 series, which improves the overall stability, fixes minor annoyances and solves certain security implications.
It will be available through the internal updater on Mac OS X later today and is already live on for manual downloads on our main website. The in-app announcement on Windows will be enabled as soon as the load on our servers allows. This release is the first to use our new mirror server distribution system. We finally moved away from SourceForge to our own trusted set of download partners.
Notable changes include:
- Improved playback for Apple-lossless audio, MKV files including support for Matroska v4, paletted codecs within AVI and FLAC
- Overall improvements through updated codecs and third libraries, including but not limited to DVD playback
- Improved Vimeo playlist parsing and HTML SRT subtitle rendering
- Solved connectivity issue with certain https servers
This update includes the following security content:
- Fixed crash triggered by specifically crafted ASF files (SA-1302, Credit: Debasish Mandal)
- Fixed use-after-free crash with Ogg file playback (Credit: Tomi Juntunen)
Additionally, we improved various aspects of the OS X port:
- Improved fullscreen controller time slider with larger click target
- Improved lookup of human readable device names in AUHAL plugin (OS X)
- Fixed subtitle rendering resolution when using OS X’s native fullscreen mode
- Fixed listing of the lua interfaces (web, telnet and console) in the advanced preferences panel
- Fixed spatializer audio filter panel
- Fixed crash within the video output code
- Fixed BDMV folder selection issue on OS X Mountain Lion, which treats such folders as a AVCHD file as soon as they include an item named INDEX.BDM
- Fixed bug which caused a hidden fullscreen panel
- Fixed various minor UI drawing issues (main window, fullscreen controller, lua extensions, …)
- Allowed VLC to be associated with .dvdmedia packages
- Fixed GPU decoding on Intel HD 2000/3000 cards
- Fixed uninstallation from different locations than C:
- Numerous D-Bus and MPRIS2 improvements
- Reject broken versions of PulseAudio
New translations to Gujarati and Aragonese.
Updated translations for Brazilian Portuguese, Traditional Chinese, Thai, Portuguese, Japanese, Italian, Hebrew, Estonian, Spanish, Czech, Catalan, Bosnian, Asturian, French, Romanian, Serbian, Russian, Hindi, German, Slovenian, Norwegian Bokmål, Khmer, Icelandic, Interlingua, Welsh, Ukrainian, Dutch and Danish.
4 thoughts on “VLC 2.0.6”
I can’t take controllers in full screnn mode in this version
Your operating system? Did you reset VLC’s preferences already?
Osx 10.8.3, I reset the preferences and don’t show “add controls to the video window”
Comments are closed.