Today, we published VLC 2.0.7. This is an important update to VLC’s 2.0 series, which improves the overall stability, fixes minor annoyances and solves certain security implications.
It will be available through the internal updater on Mac OS X later today and is already live on our main website for manual downloads. The in-app announcement on Windows will be enabled as soon as the load on our servers allows.
Notable changes include:
- Fix playback termination when switching ES tracks (PowerPC only)
- Fix WMA Pro, MPEG 4 ALS, APE, MLP and ADPCM-IMA4 playback
- Fix audio encoding for numerous codecs, notably mp3 and AAC
Included security content:
- Fix memory exhaustion vulnerability when playing specifically crafted playlist files
- Fix two xss vulnerabilities (CVE-2013-3565)
- Fix crash when using libvlc in 3rd party applications (Mac only)
- Minor improvements to the OS X interface
- Fix issue which could lead to loss of media files created through transcoding on OS X
- New translations to Azerbaijani, Kirgyz, and Oriya
- Updated translations to Basque, Simplified Chinese, Ukrainian, Turkish, Portuguese, Norwegian Bokmål, Burmese, Lithuanian, Italian, Hindi, Spanish, German, Czech, Danish, and Welsh
5 thoughts on “VLC 2.0.7 out now”
I saw attachment to nvDeviceTesla by VLC, does this mean this release is hardware accelerated, or we have to wait for 2.1?
Hardware acceleration is already available in VLC 2.0.x for Windows and Linux.
It will come to the Mac in 2.1 this summer!
It’s all nice but can it play Bink files?
Of course it does, if you are using a recent enough version of your favorite libavcodec flavor 🙂
Or just our official binaries for Windows, OS X or Android.
Is it just me or are there not any AAC encoders on Mac 2.0.7 or 2.1.0 … “Fix audio encoding for numerous codecs, notably mp3 and AAC” Trying to transcode a M3U8 stream out and need it to be AAC audio on Mac. MP3 works and I think I have to do a compile but don’t know where to download the AAC codec and how to compile.. Read the online compile instructions but they are complicated and not working after days of trying to figure it out. Any advice would be appreciated. Tried posting in forums without luck.
Comments are closed.