What’s new in VLC for Mac?
- Support for OS X Yosemite
- Completely re-written web plugin for Chrome, Safari and Firefox is back!
Improved fullscreen behavior
- Continue playback where you left off
- Improved playlist adding a file size column and an option to increase the font size
- In addition to iTunes, Spotify can be paused on playback start
- New encryption and decryption modules for SSL based on OS X’s SecureTransport library for FTP and HTTP connections. This greatly improves speed and security.
- A lot of improvements in VLCKit for use in third party applications, notably
- Switched the code base to ARC and added support for Swift projects
- Support for HLS and HTTPS playback on iOS
- Improved thumbnailing
- Various new APIs for playlist handling, the equalizer, thumbnailing and meta data handling
We are excited about this major update of VLC for Mac and hope that you’ll like it as much as we do.