Today, we released VLC 2.0.5. This is a minor update to VLC’s 2.0.x series, which improves the overall stability of our application.
It’s available for download now as well as through the in-app updater on Mac OS X. We will push the update to our users on Windows directly as soon as the load on our servers allows.
Noteable changes include:
- Improved reliability for MKV, Koreus and SWF playback
- Resolved system sleep issue on OS X 10.5
- Resolved potential security issues in HTML subtitle parser and AIFF demuxer
- Fixed MPEG2 audio and video encoding
- Various minor fixes and improvements
- Improved HTTPS streaming on WIndows
- Improved reliablity for libVLC based applications
- Updated translations for Asturian, Bengali (India), Bosnian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, French, Galician, Scottish Gaelic, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Khmer, Malayalam, Polish, Slovak, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Brazilian Portuguese, Turkish and Thai
Additionally, I would like to give a status update on our fundraiser for VLC for Windows 8, RT and Phone on Kickstarter. At time of writing, it is at 56 % of our goal of £40,000 thanks to more than 1,500 generous backers. Thanks a lot for the support! It’s another 14 days to go and we really hope to achieve our goal in time. More updates on this endeavor, soon!